The Arc Cafe is an Addiction Recovery Agency (ARA) community project in partnership with St Mary Redcliffe church. It is located underneath the church, in the unique and impressive Undercroft.
Our team of trained chefs, friendly assistants and smiling staff are volunteers who are in recovery and who are committed to rebuilding their lives as positive members of our community.
Please come down to visit us, We look forward to seeing you soon...
- Del - Cafe Manager The cafe is a supportive working environment that provides the structure for individuals to learn new skills and gain the confidence to move towards paid employment. Watching people grow and develop in their recovery is a very humbling and rewarding role for me as manager - Del
- Mark - Volunteer Cafe Service Assistant Working at the ARC Cafe has brought more structure in my life' giving me more confidence to succeed in a working environment and brightens up my future prospects. I feel very fortunate to be working with such a great team and bringing a smile to all our customers - Mark
- Karen - Volunteer Cafe Service Assistant Being part of the cafe team, mixing with others is rewarding and has brought me out of myself. I have learnt to keep calm under pressure and ask for help when I need it, which is a great achievement for me. I'm learning new skills such as barista skills and revisiting existing skills such as customer services skills. Keeping the customers happy leaves me feeling satisfied and is something I enjoy. My volunteering has given me better structure in my life which is teaching me how to manage my time more effectively.
- Beatriz - Volunteer Cafe Service Assistant Since volunteering at the Arc Cafe, I feel I am starting to live and learn again! I am drawing on the strengths of those around me and I am understanding and supporting others in the team. I love the hospitality side of things, getting to know people and seeing that the customers are happy and satisfied. I really love it... it's magical here!
- Johnny - Test Volunteer Chef and Cafe Service Assistant The banter at the cafe is great, there is a real team feeling which has helped my confidence grow. I have developed good customer service skills and enjoy dealing with the public. I receive quality training from ARA and City of Bristol College - including a BTEC in Customer Service and Food Safety, which has helped me grow in my role. I enjoy the variety of different roles I've had the opportunity to try in a safe environment at the cafe. I am now passing on my skills to others, showing them how to cook or training them in barista skills.
- Andy - Senior Cafe Assistant I love everything about the Arc Cafe! I started as a volunteer and now I'm employed part-time by ARA. I'm completing an Apprenticeship in Leadership at City of Bristol College, I am learning academically and emotionally!